Wednesday, August 25

A Week of Mourning

So many things have happened this week. The Filipino people started their Monday glued to the television while the whole hostage crisis was being aired live in television. The next day, the Filipino had a short-lived celebration when Ms. Philippines-Universe was able to enter the top 5 and loss the crown because of her final question and answer. 


That night, I realized that two of my friends loss someone closed to them, one loss her father a day before her birthday, the other loss her aunt. 


Today, I started my day busy and cheerful, then, I was informed that my cousin succumbed to cancer. I will end my day today with a prayer. A prayer for the souls that were tragically loss to the hostage crisis. A prayer for the Filipino people to rebuild their homeland's image instead of pointing hands. A prayer for the "new" Philippine government to open their eyes - change is still a long way to go. A prayer for hope. A prayer for the souls of my friends special people. Most of all, a prayer for my cousin who bravely fought cancer until he couldn't take it anymore. 


To my cousin, I hope your doing well wherever you are. I hope that the pain is gone. I hope that wherever you are, you continually watch over your family and the people you were closed to. I won't see your smiling face again or all of your funny acts or hear your laugh ever again. You bravely fought the battle. I will always remember the time when I visited you at the hospital. Despite the pain, you still showed me a smile. I remember you telling me you're alright when I flinched seeing the big needle. You will be remember as the cousin who made  us laugh one way or another. Rest in peace Jufel. You will be missed by your friends, cousins, your brothers and sisters and most of all by your parents. 



We are all hand in hand as we say a prayer. 

1 comment:

hanna said...

i am very sorry about your cousin yang. let's pray for him. we know he's doing good now. :) *hugs*