Sunday, June 5

We Have Love

It’s kind of depressing how things change. Earlier, I was depressed because of the near ending of a television series I’ve already watched twice. I went to church feeling my heart getting heavier. I couldn’t understand why, thinking that it was because of the series ending, I brushed it off. I still prayed for calmness and peacefulness for my heart.

The heavy heart wasn’t cause by the series, it was caused by a long due realization that finally sunk in. I’ve always known that after graduating, things will be different. I will be leaving some friends behind, while I’ll be making new ones on the way. I thought I was prepared leaving the people I’ve come to known for more than two years now. I was wrong, because hearing their voices made me realize how difficult it is to let go of people you’ve given your emotions to.

Realizing that I might see them less and less and even not seeing them in a long time, is depressing. Who would’ve thought that such mismatch people can be so alike? The world really works in a humorous and interesting way.

No more late nights at the long table. No more surprise birthday parties. No more late night talk with anyone from the group. No more ice cream night. No more movie night. No more hanging out, talking about nothing and everything.

Just some few things I will miss doing with the group. I’ve realized just last March how emotionally attached I was with the kids, or rather, the group. From the Valentines surprise, to the cry fest at the long table made me grasp the bond that we have.

Things will change, that’s something out of my control. Time will change for us, we’ll grow older, we’ll grow wiser and we might not see each other in a long time. We’ll change, but we’ll remain the same. We’ll always have that two years together. We’ll always the photos and the videos of what was once. We’ll always have our hearts, bonded by a thing called love.

No comments: