Tuesday, June 7

Summers of the Future



Dear Summer,

I feel the heavy wind in my face. You have come and past again. Like I said before, this summer is my last. The rain is starting  to fall and I could feel the cold wind as it envelopes my whole body. There's no sunshine to lift my face to, just the rain falling down. 

You have given me much opportunities this year. I was able to spent the best days of you with my family and closest friends. I walked the stage, smiling despite my hurting foot, as my parents gave me my medal. I walked the streets of Macau and Hong Kong despite my aching legs. I rode a roller coaster in Disneyland, who would've thought I'd do it four times? I spent a nice hot day in a beautiful secluded island, where the sands were white and the ocean was so blue. I got so drunk for the first time with my best friends by my side. And when I'm not doing any adventures with you, I stay at home, fronting my computer, writing from the bottom of my heart or watching something beautiful. 

I wonder what you have for me next year. I wonder where I'll be then. Will I still be the same person? Will I still try to write the pieces of my mind? Will I still be looking forward for you? 

Things will definitely change for me and you. I will never be able to enjoy you the way I've used to for the past years. There will be no more long summer vacation for me, only short periods. Your warm sunshine will continue to rise but I will not be able to take full advantage of it. I will not have sun burns like I used to have. Who knows, I might not even be there for my family. 

My, my, how times have changed. I will miss you again. Another ten months before I get to taste your sweet summer scent or your wonderful sunrises and sunsets. By that time, I hope that I have changed, but still remain to be the same. 

Goodbye Summer, see you next year. I look forward for what you have for me. 




No comments: