Sunday, December 12

The Answered Prayer

Today has been one of my best fulfilled day since second semester has started. This morning I woke up feeling like I should be happy. As one of my principles, happiness is a decision. So I decided to be happy, and I was! I was still at bed when I decided to play some music and then a song pop in my head. I hurriedly searched for the song and played it. It was then I realize that it might have been the Lord's doing for making me think of that song. 

See, I've been feeling low for the past few days. I've been going to church for three consecutive days, searching for solitude and promise of my sanity. I was confused, upset, hurt and many other negative feelings. I've been crying for two nights and still, I haven't found the peace that I wanted even when I'm calling unto the Lord's name. The Lord is amazing.

The song that popped into my head? None other than Eraserheads' With a Smile. And as of that moment, the most compelling lyrics from the song are the words, "Don't be scared of the things that could go wrong along the way," and "Girl I'll stay through the bad times, even if I have to fetch you everyday." Call me insane or what, but it was as if the Lord was singing to me. He was telling me that everything will be okay and that he's always on my side, no matter what. 

The song told me what to do and that's to lift my head and smile. I now know what my morning song will be. 

His grace didn't stop there. When I went to church, the gospel was talking to me. I didn't know that today was Joyful Sunday and the gospel talked about real happiness and joy. He was talking to me again, telling me that he is the real joy. I almost cried as I listened to the priest dissecting the gospel, I felt like every word was intended for me. 

Sometimes, we get too busy pursuing happiness, we tend to forget the things that are around us. Sometimes, we need to feel sorrows, because it is only till then that joy is appreciated. As what the priest said, citing Lebanese poet - Kahlil Gibran, "Sorrows carves an empty space in our hearts, but this very empty space will be the one filled with joy."
The Lord meant to tell me that there's always going to be sunshine in the rain and that all the sorrows and pains that I'm going through, will be replaced with much joy and happiness. 

This was the answers to my prayers. For two days I asked him what to do, and he told me. I am very overwhelmed by the feeling of thinking that the Lord answered my prayer and was talking to me directly. He works in mysterious ways and I love it. 

This Sunday was awesome. I got to spend it with a very close friend and with the Lord rejoicing in my heart. :)

Today is December 12, 2010, the day the Lord talked to me in many forms. 

Thank you Lord, I love you so much. 

No comments: