Friday, December 10

On Forgiveness

I once asked God to take away my pains, my sorrows and my angers. He touched my heart and as his hands left my heart, it brought with it every negative thing I felt. From then on, I felt calmer and then I started forgiving.


Now, as I stared into the shadows of the past, I asked myself, have I truly been given the gift of forgiveness? The answer is yes, I have. Because the truth is, forgiving is not easy. It doesn’t come when you need it to; instead, it comes when you’re ready. I was ready for forgiveness to enlighten my heart and it came. The truth is, forgiveness hurts. How can you look at a person who have hurt you and doesn’t feel any anger towards that person? That’s the power of forgiving.


Sometimes, when I look at what is around me, even though I’m trying so hard to put everything back the way it is and I still don’t get the treatment I deserve, I hang on to the thought of forgiveness. I have forgiven and I asked for forgiveness, even though I knew most of it wasn’t my fault. Unfortunately, I am being shut down and rejected over and over again. I tried reaching out even though I know I wouldn’t get an equal chance of being reached out.


I am contemplating, what has really become of this? It’s sad, so sad I don’t even want to say it because I’m afraid, I’ll finally admit it. Yes, I am still in denial with it. As of right now, I have reached my limits, but I’ll give it one more try.


I am the type of person who cannot let go easily when it comes to this issue. Yes, I must admit it, I’m emotional when it comes to this. It’s difficult for me, but right now, even if I’m trying, I slowly understand the things that are happening. I am slowly letting go, I am slowly losing hope and I am slowly becoming free from this. I could say that this is an emotional burden for me.


Tonight, I asked the Lord to give me strength. I need strength to try once more. I need strength to face what is coming. I need strength so that when I let go, I can stand up on my own. I need strength for myself, for not letting this even in my life affect me in my perception of friendship. I need strength from him to continue believing that there are people who will stay through the bad times. Most of all, I need HIM, because I know, I can’t go on without HIM; he who never stops protecting me and shielding me from more sorrows.


I am sorry for what this mess has become but I am sorrier for what the person has become. I can still be happy because I have forgiven and at least I know I tried my best, the person? I don’t know. I pray to the Lord to give the person peace in my and heart.


May the shadows of the past remains a shadow and may the light of the future shines even brighter, for me and for the person.

4 comments:

Debb said...

Yes, I agree. It's difficult to forgive. But I guess, it's just a phase. I don't know what you're struggling with but I do understand the feeling. Been there. Cheer up, Yang. :)

DonyaMayang said...

Thanks deb. I know I might seem so happy at school, but I'm struggling with some sadness too. I am a sad clown as of the moment. OA ra ko, but thank you kaayo

Debb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debb said...

Yeah, I've observed that too. As what you've said, it sometimes is safe to fake a smile even when you're struggling with something but yeah, your "friends" are there to understand every inch of you. In my case, I often hold back saying the things that are running inside my head even to my closest friends because sometimes I'd think it would be a waste if I tell them and dili pud sila part sa ako problem (I think). So that's why I often do things alone and somehow, I like it. But yeah, I hope everything's going to be fine.

PS

I like your post about deciding to be happy. I'll try to do that every now and then. :)