Friday, December 10

The Serenity of the Prayer Room

I woke up today feeling excited about what we, Donna and I, were supposed to do. We were supposed to go to a confession. It has been a very long time since my last confession. When we arrived at the church, the confession schedule was already over. I felt sad but nevertheless, we went to the prayer room.


When I was in high school, my friends and I would go to the church every Friday. We say our little prayers and light some candles. This went on until we graduated. Sometimes, we would go inside the adoration chapel or the prayer room. I never really appreciated the peacefulness of the place until today.


Today, I needed God more than anything. When I went inside the prayer room, a sudden peace came into my heart. The room had a few people, all of which were saying their own prayers. I sat and closed my eyes, feeling the air and the overwhelming feelings I had inside me. The overwhelming feelings were sadness, doubt and at the same time, peacefulness. 


I couldn't help the tears when I asked God what was happening. It wasn't because I doubted him, but it was because I knew I doubted myself. I couldn't help but cry when I thanked HIM for giving me so many things to be thankful of. I was probably the only person crying in the room, but I didn't care. At that moment, all I can think of was Sorry, Thank You and You're Amazing. Those were the words that constantly came into my mind when I was talking to him. 


I know that my life is a little messed up right now, but I know that he will provide. I know that most of the time I feel so low, but I know he is carrying me. I know sadness envelopes my heart right now, but I know this is for a reason. I may not know the reason now, but I know I will know the reason soon.


The serenity that the prayer room gave me after I poured everything was exhilarating. Thank You so much Lord for being there for me and I'm sorry for ever doubting myself when I know your there every step of the way, and you are so amazing. Thank you so much. 

No comments: