Thursday, December 9

Update on the tales of my world ...



It's been a very long time since I last wrote something here. I remembered that I promise that I would try to write something in this blog everyday. That didn't happen and it might never happen. There are those times when I really want to write something and I click on the "New Post," icon but then, the words in my mind escape me and thus I just close the tab. 

There is nothing much to do today, its Wednesday, no class. I thought that I'd be busy today. I was wrong, I'll be busy tomorrow. So how is my life?

Well, I posted an article that I wrote about my Singapore trip. The Singapore experience is something I will never forget. It was my first time abroad and it was full of happy moments except of the fact that my feet were like slaves. We walked the streets of Singapore, only flagging a taxi when we went really far from the hotel. We also rode their fast MRTs. The hotel that we stayed in was simple but it really had the feel of comfort. It was in one of the uptown mountains of Singapore. It was my cousin who suggested the place and we didn't regret it. We got it for cheap compared to the first hotel, my mom saved around P30,000 when we opted to stay in that hotel. The name of the said hotel was, Hang Out @ Mt. Emily. Yep, the place we were staying at was Mt. Emily. Anyway, other than experiencing the beautiful city of Singapore, we also went to Singapore's Universal Studios, and when I tell you that the experience was awesome, its an understatement. And to think that Universals there was small compared to the original. I wonder how much fun I would have in the LA Universal Studios. I rode my first roller coaster there, it was thrilling but it made my heart turned so fast! 

We also went on a side trip, we went to Batam, Indonesia. It was so fun there because we had our shopping spree there. We felt like millionaires there when my mom exchanged her almost 400S$ to Rupiah and the value was worth 2,750,000 Rupiah. I know, we were millionaires there. The only thing memorable about Batam was a traditional performance and the shopping experience. We weren't able to shop at Singapore because it was expensive there! 

All of this happened during the sem break!

What else have happened in my life?

I'm back to school, its almost Christmas by the way.

I recently discovered a certain feelings for someone. Nope, I'm sure its not a crush. Friends told me to be careful and made me realize something. I'll be careful and I promise I won't let it get to the point of the feeling like I'm having a crush on him, because I really don't. 

Also, the past came crawling back again. I told two new friends about a secret and a beautiful memory I would always have. This past will always be a part of me. I don't mind when it crawls back in the surface, because the memories I had were beautiful. There are those times that I can't help but wonder what could've have been if I never let it go. But, I know I made the right decision so for now, its a beautiful memory, nothing more and nothing less. 

I'm also dating my date friend. Our date night is one of the nights that I look forward to every week. She always make me feel like I say the right words even though I don't think I'm not and I hope she feels the same way. I thank the Lord for giving her to me and for making us realize that we need the date night every week to just simply talk. We just talk and it make us feel great. For us, the Lord is the center of our friendship. 

Red Gate.. You know, the friends that I have in Red Gate is irreplaceable. They're one of the few people I know I want to have even in the future. The bonding moments that we have will always leave a mark on our hearts. Last December 5, we went to Toleda for the beach. We ended up dipping in the pool. It was also a celebration of Donna's birthday. We really didn't mean for it to be like that, we only wanted to go on an outing, a plan that never seemed to realize. It just so happens that everybody was busy on other days. Anyway, we had soooo much fun! We want to do it again! The plan is to go to Camotes, hopefully before graduation.


Speaking of graduation, I have finally realize how near it is when Rey, a red gater, pointed out the months. Graduation, it'll be the day I waited for the entirety of my 19 years in this world. I'll be missing a lot of things. The most obvious one is the friends that I made in my four years in an institution called UP Cebu. My Churbarbies Sisters are the people who really made a difference in my life. Looking back, I didn't even realize that slowly, they  made me this way now. I will always miss the bonding. After graduation, it'll probably take a grand reunion for everyone to be all together again. :( I know, sad. Then there's the red gaters. I've been here for four years, all my college life! There were people who come and go, but they made a footprint in my heart. Now my closest friends in Red Gate are the kids. I will miss them so much. Thanks to them, I've felt like I'm like a child again. :) Oh, I will surely miss everything about it. I hope that the friendship we shared will always be in our hearts and mind and that it will never change even when we're far away from each other. 

I would like to think that I made a difference in the lives that I have touched in my four years here in Cebu. Guess, my tales about college will end soon. But fear not, my tales are not over yet, there's another journey I shall embark. I want to assure that the tales of my world would be even more exciting and thrilling. 

'Till next time!


-Mayang-

No comments: