Wednesday, January 26

What Career?

Today was a window to what the future has to offer us. The job fair that was organized by Miss Annie Manzano forced us to wear slacks and a formal blouse. It also forced us to make a resume/CV and act formal to our future employers. April seems so near and yet so far. There's still five subjects I have to survive before calling it quits with the school I fell in love with. 

I personally wanted to try the job fair, oh but yes, I was full of complaints before the event. I didn't want to go because its a Wednesday and the time should be allotted for my Thesis. But I realized I needed to do it, not because I wanted to have a job immediately but because I wanted to experienced being interviewed. Interviews are part of applying a job and I wanted to know how it feels and what I can do to better myself with it.

The experience? Well, it was great. I was able to try it and I had fun at the same time. I was able to reflect on the things I usually take for granted. It was a really amazing experience but unfortunately my heart and my passion is with something else.

The plan? Well, the plan is to go to Manila and apply a job at TV5, because its still booming and their still hiring. And then, its from there. Wherever I go, I would trust the Lord. I plan to go to Singapore and work their but I also plan to go to Hollywood and maybe work their as a script writer. Really, I want to work in the entertainment industry, but off screen. It sounds glamorous, but its really crap and its going to post a lot of challenges. 



But don't worry, that's not my only plan. I also plan to go abroad and study masters. I plan to also study culinary arts. I plan to write my own book. I plan to .... too many plans! The world is full of opportunities if I only look a little closer. But the goal has always been the same, and that's to become a millionaire (hahaha) :)

The thing is, I hate routine jobs. I don't want to be stuck in a cubicle, just writing the same things. I want to be able to explore the world. I want to learn continuously with different experiences everyday. I want to live my life with no regrets. 

I'm nervous, who isn't? But the prospects of beginning a new adventure, a new chapter of my book called Life is exciting, its thrilling. I'll surely miss school, the friends that I made there but I know, I'm going to make a new home when I'm out there, out in the real world. 

The future? Well, let's just say that the future is something I look forward to. 

No comments: